I can not believe it has been 4 months since I updated! I do have some really good excuses though; end of school year, soccer games, adoption paperwork, summer, softball games, adoption paperwork, baseball games, vacation (oh wait, we didn't go on one of those!), adoption paperwork......you get the idea! It's been a BUSY and FUN summer and now we are already over a week into our new school year! We officially have 4 students this year~yikes! 4th grade, 2nd grade, Kindergarten, and preschool!
As for an adoption update we are moving along~yay!!! We have been on the wait list since April 26~that was a great anniversary present to get that email! :) This just means that when the list (of kids that are available for adoption) comes out our Agency looks at their list of waiting families and tries to find a match. Our social worker told us she thought we would get a referral this fall (not sure how she knows that) so we are getting closer, and I am trying very hard not to get too excited now that we are getting closer to fall! The kids are getting very anxious to find out as well....it's kind of cute to overhear them making plans about when we get our new Toddler. :) This was my conversation with Owen while we were getting groceries the other day: "Mom, I think we should indopt a boy baby, I think that would be good." I asked him why and he said "so I can teach him things." Then I told Owen that we might get a girl Toddler and he said "well, I guess that would be ok with me." :) Phew! I was pretty worried about that one! ;)
As always (it seems) we are planning another fundraiser which is coming up SOON! We will be having another rummage/bake sale with the city-wide rummages again. It will be the weekend of Sept 14th (not exactly sure what our days/hours will be yet) at my Mom's house again. We would LOVE to take anything you are ready to get out of your house off your hands!!! So, as you are cleaning out your closets, garages, etc....if there is anything you're done with, we will take it! If you live in the Sioux Falls area Wade will be there next weekend so he could pick something up then if you let us know. If you live around here, basically we can come get it whenever you are ready! :) Our next fee that is due to our Agency is quite large~I think the biggest fee, other than our travel expenses~and will be due after we accept a refferal of our Toddler. Thankfully we have a good start to that amount from our previous fundraisers, but our goal is to have that money ready and waiting for when our referral comes! :)
On an ending note, we still are overwhelmed by the support we are receiving! Donations show up just when we are starting to feel a little overwhelmed with it all, and we just can't get over how God uses that to encourage us in our journey! THANK YOU for joining us on this road to our Toddler.....we are blessed!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment