We received our LOA (Letter Of Acceptance from China) on Saturday, March 15th. We got the call from our Agency (that they had our LOA) on Friday and I could NOT believe it! I had just found out the day before that our Dossier was listed as "match reviewed" which meant that our LOA would be coming soon~they were right about that one! :) SO EXCITING!!!!! All was well until I opened up our LOA on Saturday and the very first thing I noticed was that Asher was listed as FEMALE! Ugh...the drama never ends! :) It was a loooooong wait until Monday when our Agency was open again and they could tell me to use the incorrect LOA to apply for our I800 with USCIS.
Tuesday the 18th I sent our I800 application off to USCIS. We are currently waiting for our approval~praying we get it next week, which will bring us to the next step of the process which is something I don't really understand! :) If all these next steps go as planned we SHOULD be traveling in June. SHOULD being the key word there! July has lots of big things happening for both Wade & me, so we are really praying we can make the June travel group. We'd love it if you would pray for that with us!!!!
A little over a week ago I requested an update on our sweet boy and we will hopefully get that in the next few weeks. We are allowed to ask a few questions (pretty sure I asked 7!) and we should also get updated pics and measurements of him. This will more than likely be our last update before we get to China. AGH!!!!! The reality of all this is starting to set in~soon we are going to have FIVE kids!! I don't even think I can begin to tell you all the emotions I have on a day to day basis. :)
We continue to ask for your prayers as we move closer and closer to bringing Asher home. His foster family SHOULD know about us by now and that he will soon be leaving their family. I can not imagine what that must feel like for them. A few months ago our agency mailed a photo album that we put together of our family to Asher and we are praying that his foster family is showing the pictures to him. Every day I pray that God is preparing his little heart to join our family and preparing him for the big changes that are coming. If any of you are wondering what a "Gotcha day" can look like.....watch the first two episodes of this season's "The Little Couple." Wade & I are loving that show this season!!!!! We will definitely be having our kids watch it before we go to get Asher so they can get an idea of what he might be going through.
Thank-you again for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment