Want to know what I am (learning) to love? When God gives a definite answer to something I have been praying about. No more waiting, wondering, asking if this is right, etc. It's just an answer plain and simple. Now, you would think the answer I'm talking about is a "yes" from God. Well, in fact it is a blatant NO. I got one of those today. A big, fat, NO spelled out in big red letters "SOLD". Right now I'm not going to say what it is that is SOLD, but I will tell you that it was something pretty big that Wade and I were both praying about....asking for God to give us wisdom concerning this "thing" and I will admit that I also asked God for a big sign. Well, He gave it folks. And, although I am pretty bummed about it, I am THANKFUL for the answer.
I'm learning that I don't do well with waiting. I'm not a patient person, I don't think I ever have been, but I am trying to become more patient. The past few months have been bringing about some major changes in our life. What changes? Didn't we just move? Yep~sure did! But apparently God's not done there! There are lots of things going on right now and we are just trusting that God knows what He's doing with our life. I'll fill you in later sometime, but for now I know this~that our God NEVER changes. Truly, some days I sit in awe of that fact. He is the same God that I loved to read about in the children's Bible Story book, He is the same God that I clung to in high school when one of my best friends passed away, He is the same God that brought Wade into my life, He is the same God that I prayed to every single day I sat rocking one of my babies in the NICU, He is the same God that comforted my family when my Earthly Dad joined my Heavenly Dad, and He is the same God that CHOSE to have all of us join His family through adoption. Seriously friends. HE IS NEVER CHANGING. When everything around us feels a little topsy-turvy, HE IS THE SAME. Ahhh, sweet comfort....even when the answer in big red letters is NO.
"I the Lord do not change." Malachi 3:6
No comments:
Post a Comment