Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Silly Boy

I've decided that our little buddy needs a post all about him.  He is at this super fun stage in life that I just don't want to forget about!  (don't get me wrong though...there are a few things about this age that I would LOVE to forget about!!!)  :)
First off~I can't believe I haven't written this sooner but our household is now DIAPER FREE!!!!  Can I get a "WHOOP WHOOP!!!"  Seriously...we have had diapers in our house since January of 2004.  That is EIGHT years worth of diapers and they are GONE!  YIPPEEE!!!  If you remember, Owen got new big boy undies for Christmas and the week after Christmas we started potty training.  Now, E & C spoiled me and were trained w/in one week (E) and 3 days (C), SO, I thought Owen would probably be done in about a day and a half!  hehe, yeah right!  Not so much...it took a good week of accident after accident after accident~  plus a plugged septic tank (our landlord was very gracious and forgiving!)  and then all of a sudden~he got it!!!  We went from accidents every day to NO accidents!  Except for the big job....that was still not working.  And then again, about a week later~he got it!!  YAY!  No more diapers for us!!!!   I'm so happy I could do the happy dance!  Oh wait, I already did that about 5 dozen times!  :) 
And, for the rest of my post about Owen.  The dude is hilarious.  I wish I could capture his goofiness on my camera, but I can't.  He has this fun personality that I totally did not see coming.  He reminds me SO MUCH of Elliot~they've always kind of looked alike, but now they ACT alike.  Owen's facial expressions can be the exact same as Elliot's, he runs the exact same way Elliot did when he was this age, he CRIES the exact same way Elliot did.  I think you get the picture.   They're like twins separated by 3 1/2 years!  :)  And, the best part of this is that Elliot and Owen are best buds.  Owen is so happy playing w/ Chloe until Elliot gets home from school and then he is ALL about Elliot....I love that these two have each other!
Oh, and one more funny thing about Owen that I don't want to forget...he has very specific names for his brother and sisters.  BaBa=Kayda.  NaNa=Elliot.  BeBe=Chloe.  Truly that is what he calls them and he has done that for over a year and a half.  We can get him to say their real names by saying each syllable separately and then when we say "Owen, say Elliot" he says "NA NA"!  :)  Too funny!
Here are some pics of our crazy ALMOST three year old! 



Getting a "pedicure" from the Fancy Nancy Spa.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! His personality does not surprise me at all...I remember this baby having a great personality when he was six months old! :) Thanks for all the pics. I love this chance to see what your kids are up to!

    ReplyDelete