Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Immeasurably more...

It's about time for another fundraiser update I think and boy oh boy is it a GOD one!   I question whether or not to write this, but yet, this entire journey has been God's story, not ours, and we want to encourage people in anyway that we can, to know that God can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine! 

A few weeks ago we realized we were about $19,000 short of what we would need to finish paying for Asher's adoption~this included our Chinese Visa's, agency/orphanage fees, and travel fees.  We were discouraged to say the least, but KNEW that God had a plan...we weren't sure what it was, but we knew He had it under control. This same week I was messaging back and forth with a fellow adoptive Mama who was in our same position~short of funds, but trusting God's plan and timing.  We commented how we were both praying for a miracle.   God's plan for our miracle started with an interview for a grant that we had applied for a few months prior. We went to that interview feeling nervous, but excited at what lay ahead of us.  This interview alone was such a BLESSING in our journey.  Hearing people pray for our sweet boy by name was exactly what we needed to keep us moving on to the next steps.  Wade and I were both feeling weary of the wait at this point, and God in His perfect timing had this all planned out perfectly to encourage us just when we needed it most.  We knew when we left that interview that we would be ok, even if we weren't awarded the grant.  That same week we were blessed in two other ways that are only from God and his faithful followers.  We received an enormous donation that I still can't talk about without crying.  Truly...there are tears going down my cheeks right now.  :)   I don't even have the words to describe what we felt when we found out about this donation. We can never say thank-you enough~ we truly are speechless.  The day after this donation, an old friend stopped by our house and handed me an envelope, and just said "I got a bonus at work and we don't need the money, so we want to give it to you for your adoption."  We chatted for a little bit and off she went, like it was no big deal.  :)  I opened the envelope and out came a pile of cash.  Seriously, again, the tears are flowing.  :)  Wade and I just looked at each other in disbelief~God was up to something BIG and for some reason we get to be along for the ride.  Again, I can't even tell you how we felt when we opened that envelope.  How can people be so generous to our family?  We found out later that week that we did in fact receive the grant that we had applied for, AND....wait for it.....the grant, plus the donation, plus the cash bonus from a friend paid off our ENTIRE agency balance, with $200.00 to spare!  Just like when we had our very first fundraiser at Pizza Ranch and we had $1.37 MORE than what we needed to pay for our homestudy, God continues to show us that He will provide exactly what we need, when we need it!  We truly are in awe of how God continues to use each of you to help us bring our son home.

I know we are in the midst of fundraising, and yes, we want to raise all the money we can to bring Asher home, but we still can't believe that all of you are so GENEROUS with what God has given you.  Every single time someone donates to our adoption fund we are BLOWN AWAY.  There is no way we can ever say thank-you enough to cover what each of you has done for our family.  We are BLESSED and pray that we will be able to pay this forward for years and years to come!  THANK YOU for joining our family in this journey to Asher.  In only a few short weeks he will no longer be an orphan, but he will be part of his FOREVER FAMILY!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment