Monday, April 2, 2012
View from here
So, what do the monkeys get to do before they got on the bus for school when Mom is stuck in her chair? Play Wipeout on the Wii. They're going to have a hard reality check once Mom is back out of the chair again! :)
My surgery went well on Tuesday. I will admit that more than once the thought "why in the world did I do this to myself" has rolled through my head (& probably Wade's too!) I don't think either of us were prepared for what it's really like when I sit in the chair literally ALL DAY LONG.
The kids have been doing well~the first night they saw me was on Wednesday and the younger 3 were NOT impressed with me sitting in a chair or hobbling around on crutches. But, now they're getting used to it and are all being great helpers!
I have learned through this how much I took for granted just being able to get up and do whatever I wanted. If I wanted to go for a jog~I could, if I wanted to go jump on the trampoline with the kids~I could, if I wanted to get up and get myself a bowl of ice cream~I could, if I wanted to take a shower~I could....without needing a single bit of help! So, I am learning not to take things for granted and I am also learning how GREAT my husband is (not that I didn't already know that)~he is doing the job of Mom and Dad and I am so THANKFUL for all his hard work! The G'pa & G'ma's have been so helpful by taking the kids for me since the first few days I was NOT able to take care of them. Today is the true test~Chloe & Owen are home with me~feel free to say a few prayers! :) We have also been blessed by our Church family~we had more meals brought over last week than I think we can possibly eat in a month's time! We are so thankful for this because making meals while being on crutches might be slightly tricky! :)
So, this week I'm pretty sure the true recovery process will start. I can say I'm kind of not looking forward to it, but I'm also looking forward to getting back to normal so if it takes a few weeks of painful therapy, then I guess that's what I'll do!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment