Thursday, May 31, 2012

K's Dance recital

This afternoon was dress rehearsal for Kayda's dance recital this weekend.  This is her first year in dance and she took ballet and jazz.  She really really enjoys it which makes it easier to fork out all the money it costs!  I am struggling a little bit with justifying the cost, but I figure if it's something she really enjoys we'll keep going with it for awhile.  And, just so you know, Chloe is already DYING to be in dance!  ;) 
Some of the pictures are a little blurry, but I hope you can see how cute the girls all look in their costumes.  This recital is a HUGE deal~very professional and the dancers range in age from pre-k thru high school! 
Kayda's ballet song is Taylor the Latte Boy (which I had never heard before today) and I have to say it's really cute.  :)  Her jazz routine song is SuperHero by the group Go Fish which we have on CD and love!  I happen to LOVE the jazz costume!  :) 
Performing her ballet routine.  You should see the makeup these girls have to wear~gives us a glimpse of what she will look like in a few years!  (hopefully without the bright RED lipstick though!)  :) 
That's our Kayda-bug on the left.
Starting the jazz routine~SuperHero


I will try to get a video of her routines uploaded on here~not making any promises though!  :)

1 comment: