Sunday, May 6, 2012

He's THREE!!!!

Well, our little buddy is THREE!  How did that happen?!?!  Wasn't it just yesterday that he made his all-too-exciting-and-more-than-a-little-nerve-racking entrance into this world!?!  :)  I can not believe that my Owee-baby is three!  It is officially official~we have NO baby in our household as Owen is ALL grown-up!  His girlfriend Charis gave him the nickname Owee, which stuck and ever since then I have called him Owee-baby.  Now he looks at me when I say that and he either says "I'm not Owee baby, I'm Owen big boy" OR, "Mom!  I'm not Owee baby, I'm Owen Gene (forgets the "Eu" every time!) Banen Ber")Let's face it~we have a hard last name for a 3 year old to say!)  
Anyway, Wade was in SF for Guards for the weekend so we took the kids up to meet him for supper to celebrate since we aren't having Owen's party until later this week.   We had a super yummy supper at Applebee's (I LOVE that we can actually go places like this~no high chair needed, no dirty diapers to change, no paci's falling on the floor~maybe I'm NOT so sad Owee baby is 3!) after supper we were planning on taking the kids to the park, but the weather was not the best so we took them to an indoor play area at the mall.  Man oh man did they have fun.  They have the big huge jumpy houses to jump in and also a smaller toddler area that C&O could both go in......let's just say there was a LOT of sweating going on!  :)  After supper we went to one of our favorite places in SF~Cherry Berry!  YUM!!!  Self-serve frozen yogurt w/ too many toppings to even mention!  LOVE IT!  
Here's some of my fav pics from the night:
  Could his smile GET any cheesier!?!  :) 


All excited to open his present.  I love Chloe's expression~she always looks like an angel, by the way!  ;)


This picture doesn't show it very well, but after Owen peeked in the bag he was NOT impressed.  All he says he wants for his bday is a train and there was definitely NOT a train in that bag!  Thankfully we convinced him to open it anyway.  And thankfully we know he'll be happy with his present he's getting at his party....shhhh!


Thankfully he decided 3 new jungle animals were ALMOST as good as a new train! 


The jumpy house fun begins~he had such a great time! 

Our crazy boys going down the slide~definitely NOT in the traditional going-down-feet-first way!

This way definitely looks much safer!  :)

K, O, and C (with pink tights on) enjoying the bubble machine.  Great~now we're a sweaty STICKY mess!  :) 
Ending our night with some yummy Cherry Berry.  So glad Grandma could come along to help us celebrate Owen Eugene!

Well, there you have it~Owen's birthday night of fun.  The plan that Wade & I had for our family never included having four kids, but boy oh boy are we glad God had a better plan than us!  Owen Eugene~we love you more than we ever thought possible!  You are a smiley, silly, loveable ball of energy and we are so thankful you are in our family!  WE LOVE YOU Owee baby!!! 
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment