National Adoption Month
Did any of you know that about the month of November? I didn't until a few years ago. Now that I am aware of this, I feel that I need to help spread the word.
There is so much I would love to say on this topic, but really don't know that it's my place to considering we have 0 adopted children in our cute little family. :) I will say though that our eyes are being opened to the needs of the orphan.
Every day I look at our kids and think what would life be like for them if they didn't have a Mom or Dad? What would life be like if we TRULY could not provide enough food to feed our children? What if we were forced with the decision to abandon our children in a public place so they could be found, or keep them with us and watch them die? HARSH, isn't it? Breaks my heart....quite literally.
So, now what? Do we continue to live our life and pretend we don't know there is a major crisis going on? Do we let someone else take care of this? I pray that our family does not. I pray that God will show our family the way He wants us to help. In the last few weeks we have been surrounded with some pretty awesome adoption news of people in our community....kids are coming home after years of waiting, birth Mom's are picking our friends to parent their child, money is being raised to help fund adoptions, and my heart is happy. And yet.....is that enough?
Is God calling our family to do more? To give more? To serve more?
We aren't sure, but we do know we can no longer pretend we don't know about this crisis. We do know it is our job to educate our children and have them pray about how they can help too.
Here's my challenge to you~pull out your Bible and find how many times orphans are referenced inside the pages of God's word. We are not left wondering how God feels about orphans.....
Below is a link to one of my favorite songs and videos. Praise the Lord that each one of us has been ADOPTED by our Heavenly Father. Please join us in praying that God would show each of us how we can help.
Children of God
No comments:
Post a Comment