Thursday, February 16, 2012

God's still in control.

Sometimes I wonder if God ever looks at me and thinks "Girl, when are you going to GET it?  That I AM in control." 
It's easy to say "I know God has a plan" or "I know it will work out", etc.  But it's so hard to BELIEVE it.  To truly sit back, BE STILL, and BELIEVE.  So God chose today to show me again how awesome He is.
In November Wade shoved his thumb through the chain in the snowblower...not a brilliant move, but it turned out ok.  :)  He still has his thumb and can still use it so that's all that matters!  :)  Anyway, we got the bill for that at the beginning of this month and it was a pretty hefty bill~however, we (ok, I) sat down and figured out that w/ my paycheck from the month and Wade's overtime from the month we could pay the entire thing off in one check.  Yay for us!  So, I wrote out the check and mailed it in.  A few days ago I noticed that the check had still not gone through our account so I finally called the hospital today to see what was going on.  The lady couldn't figure out why they hadn't received our payment, thought maybe it got put on another account of ours and I nicely told her that no one else in my family is dumb enough to put their thumb thru the snowblower so we shouldn't have any other accounts!  (I do love my husband, but I can joke about it now that he's ok...and if he was reading this he'd tell all of you to ask me what I did to my knee last week!)  :)  Anyway, back to the check.  Apparently it was missing so I said I'd call our bank and put a stop payment on that check and mail a new one. 
Later this afternoon I got a phone call from the bank about something entirely different and I'll just say that phone call made me a little upset.  Do you ever feel like you're trying so hard to accomplish something but no matter how hard you are trying, you're just never going to get ahead?  Well, that's how I felt after the phone call...like no matter how hard we try to get our debt paid off, etc. that we just are NOT getting anywhere!  So, what did I do?  Emailed my sister and vented about "woe is me, we're never going to get anywhere, blah blah blah."  I did however at the end of my email say "I know God is in control, but still."   ~notice the "but still'? 
2 minutes later Elliot walks in the door from getting off the bus and hands me the mail.  In the mail is an envelope from the hospital with a letter and my check inside.  On the letter is a handwritten note that says : returning your check because you only owe $x.xx.  *smile*   You know what the difference was from the amount I paid originally to the amount we owe now (b/c of more insurance payments coming in)  $500!  That's right folks.  How's that for God's answer?  It could not be any clearer than God himself knocking on my door saying "Denise, I've  got this.  Seriously.  I'VE. GOT. THIS."
So, I now have hanging on my wall above my computer my check that the hospital sent back to me.  On it I wrote; I've GOT this~love, God.   Maybe that will be enough to remind me to simply Be Still (Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment