Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blessings Jar

So, I really did not make resolutions this year (do I ever?) because I know that more than likely I will fail at them. :)   I am, however, choosing to focus more on being God's hands and feet this year (and for the rest of my life).  Right now I am reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  If you haven't heard of it..check it out.  If you haven't read it, go buy it.  I think it's great and I'm only about 1/2 way through.  Anyway, I feel God calling me and our family to "do more".  We live a nice little comfy life here and I am very thankful for that.  However, I feel we are being called to step out....out of our comfort zone, out in our faith, out to help those that need help.  So, enter the Blessings Jar.  I found this idea on someone's blog (don't ask me who because I don't honestly remember).  You put all your loose change in a jar for the entire year and at Christmas time you give that jar to a family in need, blessing them with some extra money...hence the name Blessings Jar.  :)  Now, if you remember, we are trying hard to get debt free which means using CASH, which will, in result, give us some extra change laying around the house!  And, in true Dave Ramsey fashion I am re-using a jar that was gifted to me, thus costing us nothing to get this project started!  :)
I am super excited about this and I think the kids will be too.  How fun will it be to watch the jar fill up?  And, how great will it be to give this at the end of the year after we have been praying for 365 days for the family that needs it!?!?  I can hardly wait!!!!  Introducing the Blessings Jar:
Don't worry friends, I'll make sure to "pretty her up" before December when we give her away!  :)  (I'll gladly take any ideas on that too since I'm super-crafty!)  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment