Wednesday, January 4, 2012

God's in control (& has a funny sense of humor!)

Ok, so for background on this post (which will have no pictures by the way~stop reading if you wish) you need to know that last summer Wade and I did the Financial Peace University (think Dave Ramsey) series w/ some friends.  Annnndddd, that's as far as it went.  I think we attempted to make 2 budgets and both of them fell through.  Anyway, I have been feeling God urging us lately to get debt-free.  Now obviously since we are renting a house, we do not have a ton of debt, so it should be pretty easy, right?  :)  Wrong.  I have found out that I like to spend too much money on stuff (aka JUNK) that we do not need.  I'm working on that.  Seriously.  I am.  (let's just say that the move to S.C. has helped a little....there is no Target down the street anymore!)  :) 
So, fast forward to the present time.  This weekend Wade and I have to go to a Military Banquet, which means fancy schmancy clothes!  Well, guess who doesn't fit in a single dress that she owns?  That would be me...the working-out drop-out!  (that's a subject for a whole other post!)  So, I borrow a dress  from a friend (remember, trying to spend LESS)...doesn't fit. I borrowed another dress from a different friend....doesn't fit. Let me remind you the banquet is on Friday.  As in not tomorrow, the next day.  So, last Friday it dawned on me that I had NO dress and NO time to run up to SF to go shopping!  Hmmm, what's  a girl to do?  Shop online, buy full-price dresses,  and use expensive shipping to get it here b/4 the day we leave!  So, the 3 dresses I ordered online arrived today.  I was SO EXCITED!!!!  All 3 were beautiful and I couldn't wait to try them on..until...not a single one of the THREE fit.  I was soooo bummed.  Seriously.  I closed my bedroom door and had a bawl fest while the kids were downstairs playing the Wii.  I texted my sister and told her I wasn't going to go to the banquet.  She didn't agree with me and offered to go shopping tomorrow night (remember we leave Friday morning.)  :)
Anyway, after Wade got home from work I decided to quick run to the one clothing store in our mall in this town and PRAY that God would send me a dress from Heaven.   Well, guess what.  There was a plethora of dresses for some reason and a whole bunch of them in my size!  Wahoo! I couldn't decide on just one dress so I bought two (making sure that I can return the one I don't wear) b/c I need to have my sister look at them tomorrow with me to help me decide which one to wear!  I get home, look at my receipt and start to laugh.....my favorite dress from the night cost me $10.00  The other one?  A mere $9.99.  The already clearanced dresses were another 75% off.   Apparently God wanted to show me who is REALLY in control of our finances.....and get a little laugh at my bawl-fest!  Dave Ramsey would be so proud!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it! For Dave Ramsey's sake, I have to ask: Did you charge it on your credit card? :)
    I love that you blog, and love the chance to see updated pics of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, NO I did not put it on our credit card...that is one rule of his that we followed! :)

    ReplyDelete