Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday!!!

Can you believe we have an EIGHT year old in our house!?!?  This morning I was telling Kayda "in 10 years you'll be" and she finished EIGHTEEN!!!  (she was waaaay too excited by that) Seriously.  In ten years she will be getting ready to head out on her own.  TEN years.  That is almost what Wade and I have been married and I feel like those (almost) 10 years have FLOWN BY!  Ahhh, makes my heart a little sad.  I always joke when people comment on how busy we are right now that before we know it they'll be out of the house, and now today it really hit me how true that is. 
Kayda got to start the day off by sleeping in since school was postponed two hours b/c of icy roads.  She helped me make her dirt cup bday treats that she was bringing to school and then it was off to school she went.  I surprised her by eating lunch w/ her at school (another reminder that in a few short years I won't be "cool" enough to eat lunch in a public place with her!)  Tonight we had her yummy bday supper that she made the menu for and then she opened her present.  I think she had a pretty good day!
Celebrating her 3rd birthday at Chuck E. Cheese.  I remember Chuck E. came out from behind the curtain and scared the absolute c-r-a-p out of her!!!  Thankfully Grandpa K's lap was a safe place to spend the rest of the night!  :) 

Hanging out w/ Mom at the USF football game!

Getting the dirt cups ready to bring to school.

Man oh man...here is our EIGHT year old and she suddenly looks OLD! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYDA BUG!!!  We love you more than you will ever know and we are so proud of you!  You crack us up b/c you are such a rule follower...you get upset when people don't follow the rules and you instantly try to take over the situation, which has gotten you in trouble more than a few times!  ;)  You LOVE learning about God~you have been asking for a Bible for over a year so this year you got your VERY own and you have read it every day since your birthday party.  I pray that love for God continues Kayda~we know that God has great plans for you and we can't wait to watch it all unfold.  We love you!!!!  Love, Mom, Dad, and the "kids" (b/c you are~of course~no longer classified as a "kid" in our family!)  :) 

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Kayda! Was this girl not just starting Kindergarten? Wow! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love that you have "Beautiful Things" on your playlist. This song has touched me a lot this year. I've thought about blogging on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally blog about that song~I'd love to hear what you have to say! I LOVE that song too and the video I saw to go with it....more on that to come later (still waiting for Wader to catch up!) ;)

    ReplyDelete